Big Ask Parent/Carer Feedback 2
Big Ask Parent View Survey November 2022
How we engaged
All parents of all students, in every year group, were sent the survey vie email and asked to complete it within a 10 day period.
We asked all parents questions about key areas of school life, to support us with developing and improving the everyday school experience for all in our learning community. The questions were:
- My Child feels happy at this school.
- The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved.
- When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.
- The school has high expectations of my child
- My Child does well at this school
- I would recommend this school to another parent.
- My child has been bullied and the school has dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively.
- My child has SEND and the school gives them the support they need to succeed.
- The school lets me know how my child is doing.
- There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.
- The school supports my child’s wider personal development.
- My Child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.
- The school makes me aware of what my child will learn throughout the year.
- We asked parents to inform us of their child’s success and achievements outside of school so we could celebrate and reward them.
A total of 308 completed responses were received from the survey. The vast majority of parents felt:
- Children feel happy at school.
- The school makes sure its students are well behaved, and when concerns have been raised, they have been dealt with properly.
- School has high expectations of their students, and there is a good range of subjects and their children do well.
- They would recommend the school to a friend.
- A number of parents shared their children’s success and achievements in activities outside of school.
Some parents felt:
- They were unsure what their children were learning throughout the year.
- They were unsure how the school was supporting their child’s Personal Development.
- They were unsure what activities and clubs their child could take part in at school.
- They felt the school did not let them know how their child was progressing throughout the year.
Results were presented and shared with stakeholder.
We have updated the website with key information relating to specific areas and would like to signpost them below:
Detailed information relating to the curriculum and all subjects. Our Curriculum – The Arthur Terry School
Updated information on the Personal Development program, and what schemes and topics were being covered for each year group, as part of the spiral curriculum in place. Personal Development – The Arthur Terry School
Enrichment, extra- curricular clubs and activities, including information relating to The Children’s University. Enrichment – The Arthur Terry School
Information relating to reporting, and Parents Evenings. Reports – The Arthur Terry School