iMedia equips students with the wide range of knowledge and skills needed to work in the creative digital media sector. They start at pre-production and develop their skills through practical assignments as they create final multimedia products.
We study the Cambridge National in Creative iMedia specification. This qualification assesses the application of creative media skills through their practical use. The ‘hands on’ approach that will be required for learning has strong relevance to the way young people use the technology required in creative media.
The course is split into theory and practical components, with a bias towards the practical elements of media.
The course currently uses the following structure for assessment (each unit is equally weighted):
- Unit 1: Creative iMedia in the media industry – Written Exam (40%)
- In this unit you will learn about the media industry, digital media products, how they are planned, and the media codes which are used to convey meaning, create impact and engage audiences.
Topics include: The media industry, Factors influencing product design, Pre-production planning and Distribution considerations.
- Unit 2 – Visual identity and digital graphics – Practical Assignment (30%)
- In this unit you will learn to how to develop visual identities for clients and use the concepts of graphic design to create original digital graphics to engage target audiences. Topics include: Developing visual identity, Planning digital graphics for products and Creating visual identity and digital graphics.
- Unit 3 – Animation and audio – Practical Assignment (30%)
- In this unit you will learn how to plan, create and review animation with an audio soundtrack. Topics include: Planning animation with audio, Creating animation with audio and Reviewing animation with audio.
Students undertaking iMedia enjoy creative subjects such as Art. They have an interest in understanding how the media industry works and how technology is used to create image, videos and animations.
Contact: Mr. Tracey, KS4 Lead for Computing