The following is a key for numbers 1 – 4 for the full reports.
- Some Concerns
- Serious Concerns
Attitude for Learning:
- Student is consistently well motivated and keen to learn. Takes responsibility for their own learning and makes good use of advice to make improvements and co-operates fully with staff and other students.
- Is usually well motivated and ready to learn. Usually takes responsibility for own learning and often takes advice to meet targets and improve.
- Is sometimes keen to learn but lacks motivation at times. Sometimes uses advice effectively to make improvements but sometimes struggles to co-operate with staff and other students.
- Shows little interest in learning and is reluctant to work hard. Rarely takes responsibility for their own learning and fails to meet deadlines. Struggles to co-operate fully with staff and other students.
Independence for Learning:
- Is enthusiastic to take on extension tasks to improve their learning. Carries out independent research and uses initiative to develop ideas further. Is prepared to ask for help when required.
- Is willing to attempt extension tasks. Makes a good effort to carry out independent research. Is usually willing to struggle with more challenging tasks and often asks for help to improve further.
- Is sometimes willing to tackle extension tasks but usually needs greater encouragement. Makes some effort to carry out independent research. Sometimes asks for help at the appropriate time.
- Rarely tackles extension tasks, even with encouragement. Makes limited attempts to carry out independent research. Is rarely prepared to struggle with challenging tasks. Rarely asks for help.
Organisation for Learning:
- Always has the correct equipment for lessons and always completes homework/coursework.
- Often has the correct equipment for lessons and very rarely misses homework/coursework deadlines.
- Occasionally fails to bring the correct equipment to lessons or homework/coursework deadlines are not always met.
- Rarely brings in correct equipment to lessons and rarely/never meets deadlines for coursework or homework.
- Student is on course to exceed target grade.
- Student is on course to achieve target grade.
- Some concerns regarding progress towards target grade.
- Serious concerns regarding progress towards target grade.